plural noun: flowers
- the seed-bearing part of a plant, consisting of reproductive organs (stamens and carpels) that are typically surrounded by a brightly coloured corolla (petals) and a green calyx (sepals).
synonyms: bloom, blossom, floweret, floret
“the shrub produces blue flowers in early summer”
- a flower together with its stalk, picked for use as a decoration. “a bunch of flowers”
- the state or period in which a plant’s flowers have developed and opened. “the roses were just coming into flower”
- NORTHERN ENGLISH informal
used as a friendly form of address, especially to a young girl or woman.
“all right then, flower?”
- plant leaves collectively.
“healthy green foliage”
synonyms: leaves, leafage, greenery, vegetation; rare herbage, verdure
“a garden full of green and gold foliage”